Panthers vs. Oilers - Stanley Cup Final

The Florida Panthers are set to face the Edmonton Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final! I feel like this is a particularly special matchup because it’s been over 30 years since the Oilers last took the cup, and the Panthers are eager for a second chance to win their first-ever championship after being defeated by VGK last year. The current odds are -125 for the Panthers and +105 for the Oilers. I’m betting on the Oilers because how can you not with an offensive power duo like McDavid and Draisaitl leading the charge. I’m curious to know what your predictions are?

2 Likes

Oilers all the way :ice_hockey:

1 Like

Oilers! Would be incredible to see a Canadian team win after 30 years.

I’m going Oilers too.

My head says Florida is the better overall team. They have the edge in goal and defense, but they haven’t had to face an offense like the Oilers.

I’ll say Oilers in 7. This should be a great series.

1 Like

This is getting insane! Going back to Edmonton for game 6…do we think that the Oilers are gonna pull off the first 3-0 deficit in Stanley Cup Finals history???

1 Like

I’m thinking they will get it to Game 7 at least. They are at home and this Oilers team has gone on long runs all year.

If it goes to Game 7, it’d be interesting to see who would be favored. Florida would have home ice but they would also be under a tremendous amount of pressure.

2 Likes

I’m so incredibly hyped for tonight’s game. This has been the most epic finals in some time.

I’m going Oilers tonight. I think they pull off this comeback.

It looks like McDavid is essentially a lock for Conn Smythe. He’s a -3500 favorite now. I’m kicking myself a little bit for not betting on him at -220 before Game 6.

The O/U is 5.5. From what I can see all the experts are predicting the under. The argument for the under is that teams tend to play tight in Game 7s. The last Game 7 to go OVer 5.5 in the SCF was 1950.

I’m mostly hoping for a good game. I want to see a Game 7 go to OT in my lifetime.

2 Likes